Abundance: the Key to Happiness
The idea of abundance is not new, although Stephen Covey coined the term, abundance mindset, in his book The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. It is a concept in which a person believes there are enough resources and success to share with others. We often fall prey to the scarcity mindset which is founded on the idea that if someone else wins or is successful, we lose. We get trapped into thinking that life is tough, that there are few opportunities, that there is lack in life and that the economy is terrible. Who needs all of that negativity and worry?
People with an abundance mentality celebrate the success of others rather than feeling threatened by it. They feel secure with themselves, have a high self-esteem and self-worth. There is no win-lose but a win-win! This matters because it ultimately affects our health and happiness.
I believe we confuse abundance with money at different times in our lives. In reality, we aren’t chasing abundance, we are chasing financial success. We assume that money buys feelings of accomplishment, respect, happiness and freedom. We mistakenly feel that if we aren’t happy, it’s because we need more. Let’s face it, the pursuit of more is usually a trap. It can motivate us to compare and compete instead of recognizing our actual needs. The expectation that the grass will be greener on the other side steals us of our joy in the present moment.
True Abundance Benefits our Health
This isn’t to mean that we should not strive for our goals. Simply recognize that true abundance is here now, and allow yourself to enjoy it. It is that easy. If you’re human, you probably need a little reminding like the rest of us.
What Helps Us Stay in an Abundance Mindset?
- Smiling, it is one of the healthiest habits
- Learn to recognize what trips you up into a scarcity mindset
- Don’t take yourself too seriously
- Prioritize your health– check out our tips for healthy aging
- Focus on what is working instead of what is not working in your life
- Be grateful for what you do have
- Tune out the noise from the endless bad news
- Be selective about your friends and make it a point to connect with positive ones
- Embracing acceptance
- Share your treasures for the sake of abundance
- Consistently remind yourself with written notes posted in strategic places
- Practice compassion on yourself
- Remember that your time and freedom can’t be bought, use them wisely
- Live abundantly within your means
- Look after your heart health
Sharing Our Abundance
On a personal note, the moments we cherish close to our hearts are simple ones. A hike through the redwoods. A shared smile with family. A stroll on the beach. Hugging our moms. Eating $1 meals on the streets of Bangkok. Sunsets. Giggling about and sharing our lives. These are the moments we value the most. This is our abundance. This is our pura vida! As chiropractors, we are guided by the principle of Lasting Purpose- the act and mindset of loving, serving and giving out of our own abundance. At Intouch Chiropractic, we embrace this mindset wholeheartedly.
Live abundantly with our Top 7 Immune Boosting Tips
Intouch Chiropractic | San Diego, CA 92108 (619) 756-7510 San Diego NUCCA Doctors | Upper Cervical Care